RockMania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RockMania

Forum za sve ljubitelje rock i metal muzike

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Black Rabbits: Hit That Hypno Switch!

Go down  Poruka [Stranica 1 / 1.]

1The Black Rabbits: Hit That Hypno Switch! Empty The Black Rabbits: Hit That Hypno Switch! sri lip 15, 2011 11:39 pm

Bring.Me.That.Horizon

Bring.Me.That.Horizon
Admin
Admin

The Black Rabbits: Hit That Hypno Switch! Tbrint1_1-300x224

The Black Rabbits are destined to take the indie rock music scene by storm – and are sure to hop into the collective hearts of music lovers everywhere. The songs found within their debut full length album Hypno Switch are super infectious and highly endearing. Stan Lynch and Billy Chapin of Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers assisted in the production aspects of the CD, and presented is surely one of the finest surprises of the year. Here is an interview we did with one of the Black Rabbits to find out more about this exciting new band…
Introduce yourself, tell me what you do in The Black Rabbits, and how long the band has been together.
My name is Jetson and I play guitar and sing. Skyler plays the drums, Kim plays organ and piano, and Yuki plays the bass. The band has been together for about 3 years.
Where is the band based out of and what is the local music scene like there?
We’re currently based out of Asheville, North Carolina. The music scene here is interesting and varied. A lot of cool bands make it a frequent tour stop.
How did you wind up being signed to Rock Ridge Records?
Stan Lynch introduced our music to Tom and the rest of Rock Ridge and they really dug it.
How did Stan Lynch and Billy Chapin of Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers hear about your band and become involved with producing your band? What was the experience like working with them?
One of our demos found its way to Stan and Billy. They checked us out live and we really hit it off. Working with them was really fun. We all had a good time in the studio.
Did you get the chance to meet Tom Petty and has he commented on your music at all?
No, and not to our knowledge.
What could one expect from a live The Black Rabbits show?
A high-energy old fashioned rock show with no gimmicks.
Has The Black Rabbits ever played in the Los Angeles area or plan to do so in the future?
No, but we do plan to make our way over to the West Coast.
Select two songs from the new album and what inspired the lyrics.
“My Baby Don’t” is about wanting to change someone, but not knowing how. “Twist” is inspired by people who try to manipulate others for self-gain.
How do the two brothers in the band get along and have they always been in bands together?
Some days we want to rip each other’s head off and then the next day we are best friends again. We haven’t been in any other bands, it has always been The Black Rabbits for us.
Which one of your songs were on Keeping Up With The Kardashians and did you get to meet any of them?
Our song “Hypno Switch” was on the show. We didn’t get to meet them, but we heard they have crushes on us.
How did your East Coast tour go and what were some of the highlights? Any unusual happening while on the road?
The tour went well and we had a lot of fun. Some highlights include having picnics at rest stops on the highway, the high energy of the New York crowd, strolling through Central Park for the first time, and meeting fans.
What would you like a listener to remember the most after hearing your music for the first time?
How it made them feel and how it impacted them.
Any final words of wisdom?
May the force be with you.

https://rockmania.forummotion.com

[Vrh]  Poruka [Stranica 1 / 1.]

Permissions in this forum:
Ne moľeą odgovarati na postove.